This Government is killing off our NHS through
privatising services and starving it of funds.
We are calling on all political parties to
- Stop unsafe cuts and closures to save money
- End the NHS funding freeze and increase spending to fund the need for health care
- End the PFI swindle and stop private companies bankrupting the NHS. Hospitals cost £12 billion to build- why are we paying them back £60 billion? Renegotiate contracts now
- Repeal the Health and Social Care Act and reverse privatisation of the NHS
- Protect the NHS from the proposed Transatlantic Trade Deal (TTIP) which would enable US corporations to buy up parts of the NHS and profit from ill health
- Fair deal and fair pay for NHS staff
JOIN THE CAMPAIGN TO SAVE OUR NHS
KONP Leeds NHS March 28 March (leaflet front cover)
The march assembles at 11.30 with a view to setting off by 12.15. We will return to Victoria Gardens outside the Art Gallery for a short rally and wrap up around 2 p.m. However if there are thousands of us, it could take a while longer! The weekend of the 28th March is the third anniversary of the passing of the Health and Social Care Act , which flung the doors of the NHS wide open to privatization. It is also earmarked as a KONP national day of action and is a good time to send a clear message to all parties in the run up to the elections that we will not stand by and let them wreck our NHS through privatization and starving it of funds. The PCS (et al) Samba band are coming over from Manchester to lead the march and we welcome other musicians, performers, costumes and props to lend a festive atmosphere to the march as well as banners and placards. ( individual “home made “ones always stand out! )
York Defend Our NHS are planning a mini feeder march earlier that morning leaving Kings Square at 9:30 and making its way to memorial Gardens where a 29 seat coach (funded by Unite the Union) will transport people to Leeds (and back), leaving at 10:15. To book a seat on the coach please contact us (defend Our NHS York), there is a refundable £5 deposit to ensure seats are taken up.