Our thanks to Gwen Vardigans for submitting a report from the most recent meeting of the Health and Scrutiny Committee. You can access the full report York-City-Council-Health-Overview-and-Scrutiny-Committee-Notes–Wednesday-24-July-2013. Below are a few dates for your diaries.
Future York Health Overview and Scrutiny Committees meetings
The local Health and Wellbeing boards are working well and have specific projects that are reported to the committee. It was felt that the composition of recent committee agendas had been too varied and it had been suggested that there should be about 4 main priority areas on future agendas to allow a more detailed report on each. There would still be time for emergency items/alerts and ‘any other business’ section could result in a topic being added to the next meeting agenda if it was felt to be more important than one of the existing priority topic areas.
The four priority areas selected for the agenda in the near future were:
– Mental Health (could cover loneliness and dementia if required)
– 111 service and out of hours GP service
– Hospital care (including A&E)
– CCG areas of importance
It was anticipated that this approach would encourage attendance of representatives to contribute to these topics but the changes may not come into effect until after September to allow presentations on current projects.
Next York Scrutiny committee meetings (all York City Council offices):
– No meeting in August
– September 11 at 17.30
– October 23 at 17.30
– November 27 at 17.30
– December 18 at 17.30
CCG governing meeting:
– August 1 at 15.00 in the Denham Room, Priory Street Community Centre
– September 5 10am Memorial Hall, Potter Hill, Pickering
– October meeting cancelled
– November 7 10 am George Hudson Board Room, York Council Office
– December No meeting
– January 9 time and venue to be confirmed